Waking Night Support Worker
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Job details Job reference REQ003882 Date posted 26/07/2022 Application closing date 28/08/2022 Location Kensington and Chelsea Salary £23,025.60 per annum Package 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression. Contractual hours 40 Basis Full time Job category/type Full Time, Permanent Waking Night Support Worker Job description
Mental Health Night Support Worker, Look Ahead Care Support and Housing, West Kensington.
Looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilient Night Support Worker to join our Mental Health service in Kensington and Chelsea.
£ 23,025.60 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year.
We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
We’re looking for a Support Worker to join our Mental Health Service.
Night Support Workers enable people with needs to manage their tenancies and live independent lives of their choosing in the community. Night Support Workers are responsible for ensuring continuity of a support service at night and for keeping customers and the building safe. Night Worker will be responsible for Irving Rd and at times might be required to support customers from Medium Support sites that are local and work with other waking night staff based at 106 Lakeside Rd, London, W14 0DY.
- Above 18
- No experience needed
- College qualifications needed
- Confident to use all Microsoft app
- NVQ level 2/3 in social care.
- Experience in the social care sector.
As part of a team of Night support staff at the Mental Health service, your role will focus on working closely with customers to help them build and gain their independence and meet their goals and aspirations. This involves supporting them with a range of life skills for example helping customers with budgeting, applying for benefits, meal planning or cooking, getting into work or training, or accessing external services such as addiction support.
As a Night Support Worker you can be sure of one thing, no two days are the same!
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere.
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities.
- Conducting key work sessions as required, that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals.
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’.
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living e.g. budgeting, cooking, establishing a night time routine.
- Carrying out building checks and other patrols throughout the night, recording them appropriately and in detail.
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment and where appropriate assisting them to clean their accommodation and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Assisting in the recording and reporting of customer incidents
- Managing customer referrals, completing assessments and obtaining and maintaining all relevant paperwork.
- Developing productive relationships with partner. organisations to improve service outcomes.
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues.
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service.
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and avoid personal debt.
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
- Taking on shift leading responsibilities by coordinating and leading shifts in the absence of a manager.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement.
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour.
- Prefers working as part of a group or team.
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement.
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised.
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments.
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem.
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication.
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude.
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs, you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Project Support OfficerPublic Sector ResourcingProject Support Officer - Inside IR35 Contract Term: 3 Month Contracting Authority: BEIS Location: Remote/London Imagine having a37 minute agoShareRemote in London
Driver - above 20 TonneFedEx Express EU£12.49 an hourPosition Summary: We are looking for Drivers to join our team at Enfield. Whether you are fresh from the test centre or have experience, we want to speak to you!46 minute agoShareEnfield EN3+2 locations
Apprentice Administrator - SpaldingLincolnshire County Council£16,141 - £18,448 a yearSearching for your first role after education, or looking for a change but nothing catching your eye? Not sure of your direction, or stuck for choices? Let46 minute agoShareRemote in Spalding
Services AssistantSainsburysIf you like variety and helping people – really making their day – this could well be a role you’ll love. As a Services Assistant, you could find46 minute agoShareBath BA1+12 locations
LoaderReigate & Banstead Borough Council£25,369 - £27,315 a yearJob referenceREQ000692Date posted15/08/2022Application closing date21/08/2022LocationEarlswood Depot, RedhillSalary£25,368.75 - £27,315.28 per47 minute agoShareRedhill