Benefit Payment Systems Group - Payment Services Officer
UK Government - Department for Work and Pensions - Blackpool FY2
£21,012 a year
The key requirements of the role are to;
- Repair and process citizen and third party payments that are rejected by banks and building societies.
- Recall payments on behalf of DWP to prevent overpayments.
- Accurately update and amend benefit systems records on instruction from banks, building societies and other financial institutions.
- Resolve enquiries from internal and external customers and third parties, ensuring all helpline calls/queries are answered and resolved in line with the required timescales and quality standards.
- To work towards, and contribute to, the successful delivery of the Team work plan objectives, targets and healthy indicators.
- To support the Team Continuous Improvement programme to improve processes for the benefit of the Team, claimants and third parties.
- To work in full compliance with DWP guidance, in particular with regard to HR and Information Management policies.
Responsibilities Essential Criteria:
The successful candidate will be able demonstrate:
- Experience of working on their own initiative as-well as collaboratively as part of a team and quickly developing working relationships.
- Ability to deal with wide ranging enquiries and follow through to resolution, along with the ability to develop solutions to address a problem.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet ever changing priorities, managing a diverse workload.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, tailoring all communications to suit the audience.
- Using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Good knowledge and experience of Oracle Payments Systems.
- Resolving customer (internal & external) queries by telephone.
However, full training will be provided. Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Jobs that might suit you
Online AssistantSainsburysOnline Assistant 21000EZ1) 3 Month Fixed Term Contract Like making people’s lives easier? Then you’ll love completing our customers’ online orders,4 day agoShareSunderland
Store Assistant - NightsASDATo be employed in this role you must be over the age of 18. About the Role There's a role for everyone in retail - from serving our customers, perfecting pizzas,4 day agoShareBromborough CH62 3QP
Store Assistant - DaysASDAAbout the Role There's a role for everyone in retail - from serving our customers, perfecting pizzas, unpacking deliveries or filling shelves. Wherever you are, we put5 day agoShareBury St. Edmunds IP33 3SP
Sales Office AssistantSaint-GobainSales Office Assistant – Ceramic Tile Distributors (CTD) CTD are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running!5 day agoShareKings Norton
Operations SupervisorAmazon UK Services Ltd.The Right Candidate… Has solid communication skills, demonstrates a great sense of ownership, leads by example in all areas of performance and has the ability to5 day agoShareGlasgow